Small Talk for the Reunion. Some classmates have expressed concern about what they would say to other Lancers they haven’t seen in 40 years so a list of 50 questions was prepared to help break the ice during our upcoming 40-Year Reunion Celebration. (Printed copies will be available at the Reunion.)
1. What have you been doing since high school?
2. What’s the last book you read? Would you recommend it?
3. What do you think of the appetizers?
4. What one thing would you really like to own? Why?
5. Tell me about your kids.
6. Who was the most memorable teacher at BC? Why?
7. If they were going to make a movie about your life, what movie star would you select to play you?
8. What charities or social causes do you support?
9. What was your first job?
10. What animal do you think is your “spirit animal” — the animal that best represents who you are?
11. What’s your best party trick? Any other hidden talents?
12. How did you get into your field of work? Would you like to try something different?
13. Which item on your bucket list will be the easiest to tackle? The most difficult?
14. What’s your favorite accessory to wear? How many do you own?
15. Tell me something most people would never guess about you?
16. What’s your favorite season of the year?
17. I haven’t been at any of the other reunions, tell me what I missed.
18. Are there any shrimp left?
19. Would you rather explore a new city or relax on the beach when you go on vacation?
20. If you could have any superpower, what would you pick?
21. What’s your guilty pleasure TV show/musical artist/movie?
22. Tell me about what you’re doing?
23. What city have you visited that you found most inspiring?
24. What film last made you laugh?
25. What’s the most unbelievable-but-true thing that’s ever happened to you?
26. Where have you traveled that inspired you?
27. What passion project are you working on?
28. Tell me about your family.
29. Do you follow the zodiac? Do you think your sign represents you?
30. If you had a free round-trip airplane ticket to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
31. What’s the best concert you’ve ever seen?
32. Can I get you something to drink?
33. What changed in your life since we spoke last?
34. How were the last 40 years for you?
35. Who in your life would you choose to be your partner on “The Amazing Race?”
36. Do you collect anything? Why?
37. Besides reunions, what scares you?
38. What’s the best advice anyone has ever given to you?
39. What musical act are you dying to see live?
40. What podcast(s) do you enjoy?
41. What is one thing that you would risk your life for?
42. What was the single, best realization you have ever had?
43. What are your three biggest life goals right now?
44. Physically were all around 47 or 48 years old, what’s your mental age?
45. If you were sent to live on a space station for three months and only allowed to bring three personal items with you, what would they be?
46. If you were stranded on a desert island, what three items would you want to have with you?
47. What are one truth and one lie about your personality? Let the others guess which is what?
48. What book, movie or video have you seen/read recently you would recommend? Why?
49. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
50. Would you rather be stranded on an island alone or with someone you absolutely hate? Why?
The friends you had 40 years ago are still your friends today no matter how much time has passed since you last talked. Come to the Reunion on June 28 & 29 and find out what you’ve been missing.